Jill Lewis, Eva Tang, Grace Sycamore and Rose Sherriff are the team of leaders for Special Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) at Riverside Primary School.
Their roles are to support all staff to develop effective strategies and programmes for children with Special Needs and/or Disabilities. Every member of staff has a responsibility to support our pupils and families with additional needs by promoting inclusion and ensuring equality of opportunity for all.
This is achieved through analysis and assessment of the children to create a plan of action that best suits their needs, working with families to access support and advice as well as sharing information and discussing individual targets and ways forward and calling on specialists and health professionals as required.
- Overseeing the daily procedures of the SEND policy at school.
- Managing the in-school support services we have on offer, such as our Speech and Language Therapist and Occupational Therapist.
- Liaison with external support agencies,
- Liaison with parents of children with Special Needs and/or Disabilities
- Developing and overseeing the programme for each child.
- Liaison with and providing support to teachers and teaching assistants.
- Providing and contributing to training for teachers and teaching assistants.
- Managing the record keeping for all children with special needs
Inclusion is a key component at our school. We know pupils learn best when we all work together and strengthening the bond between pupils, professionals and parents is key to our success.
Ensuring that all our pupils are able to access the curriculum and enrichment opportunities is paramount and we are dedicated to this objective.