The school’s PE/Sports premium funding for this financial year (2022/23) is £18,429.
How we plan to spend this allocation:
The PE and Sports premium allocation is used each year to provide:
- enhanced multi-sports and fitness coaching
- swimming for two KS2 year groups
- access to tournaments and competitions
- resources to enhance the quality of the curriculum and support the learning of new skills
- sports’ day activities for all pupils.
To review a breakdown of the funding plan CLICK HERE
To review swimming proficiency data CLICK HERE
How we review the impact of this funding:
Each year we look at
- pupil participation in sporting activities
- swimming proficiency in KS2
- pupil progress
- success at inter-school competitions
- effectiveness of services and resources
- staff CPD
- participation in sports’ day activities
- the sustainability of what is on offer.
Last year (2021/22) our review showed
- pupil participation had been seriously affected by lockdown but is now improving
- 96% of pupils participated in some form of activity on return to school
- swimming proficiency had been seriously affected by the closure of pools
- teachers’ confidence in leading PE increased, particularly in the area of team sports
- support staff were more confident to teach personalised programmes for identified pupils
- we were not able to participate in tournaments etc. as in previous years
- we were able to organise sports’ day after a 2-year break.