We have many links to the local community:
We have local and city companies that volunteer to give up their time to help us as well as individuals with special talents – thank you! For example,
- an ex-pupil gave up his spare time (between exams!) to run a coding club
- a parent gave up their lunch time to read with a class once a week.
We have links with organisations that provide extra-curricular activities – thank you!
- Chess For Schools run a chess club each week
- Millwall Football Club provide sports and fitness coaches
- Cherry Garden Tenants’ Association give generously to support pupils throughout the year, for example Young Voices and Sports Day resources.
We have links with parent support groups – thank you!
United Charities provide a gift to 25 families each year at Christmas.
Place2Be’s volunteer counsellors are here to help each week.
And we do all we can to help the local community…
- We donate our Harvest parcels to those in the community that need support.
- We worked with Southwark Council to produce our Travel Plan and initiated many improvements to the area.
- We organise fun days to raise money for local charities.
All these things help us to be active, responsible members of the local community.
If you study or work in the local area and want to get involved, please let us know. There are many projects that need your helping hand.