We have many links to the local community:
We have volunteers who give up their time to help us and local companies that help our school when we most need it – thank you! For example,
- a father gave up some time to work on an ICT project
- parents gave up their time to talk to classes in Heritage Week
- Sainsbury’s helped us to provide for families during lockdown.
We have links with organisations that provide extra-curricular activities – thank you!
- Chess For Schools run a chess club each week
- Millwall Football Club provide sports and fitness coaches )one is an ex-pupil!)
- Cherry Garden Tenants’ Association give generously to support pupils throughout the year, for example Young Voices and Sports Day resources.
We have links with parent support groups – thank you!
United Charities provide a gift to 25 families each year at Christmas and donate to us at special times of the year.
Place2Be’s volunteer counsellors are here to help each week.
And we do all we can to help the local community…
- We donate our Harvest parcels to those in the community that need support.
- We worked with Southwark Council to produce our Travel Plan and initiated many improvements to the area.
- We organise fun days to raise money for local, national and worldwide charities, including Children In Need and Red Nose Day as well as our own initiatives.
All these things help us to be active, responsible members of the local community and beyond.
If you study or work in the local area and want to get involved, please let us know. There are many projects that need your helping hand.