At Riverside we expect every child to wear school uniform every day. Parents have agreed and signed a commitment to this on entry to school and we value the support we receive from our parents. Even bears wear it…
And to ensure that every child has a uniform the school is committed to supplying a “starter kit” of uniform at the start of each school year – all parents need to do is collect it from the office.
There are many reasons why school uniform should be worn, including:
- it provides an inclusive team culture – pupils feel united, connected and respected
- it is economic and convenient for parents – no morning debates and good value for money!
- it means pupils can focus on learning – not fashion trends
- it is safe, comfortable and practical – it washes easily and is hard-wearing
- it influences behaviour positively – a professional approach to learning
- it looks good!!
We try not to be too prescriptive – the two main points are navy blue and no logos other than the Riverside logo.
So, what does a Riverside uniform consist of:
- a navy sweatshirt/jumper/cardigan (with/without the Riverside logo)
- a white polo shirt (with/without the Riverside logo)
- navy or dark grey trousers or skirt/pinafore dress
- a blue gingham dress (for warmer days)
- sensible shoes (flat, comfortable and secure)
You can buy uniform from the school office (all with the Riverside Logo). We sell:
- unisex cardigans
- polo shirts
- gingham dresses (no logo)
- coats with a fleece lining
- grey ‘school’ shorts
We also have Riverside PE kit that comes in a handy bag for those who prefer to wear this for PE lessons (not compulsory).
If you would rather buy uniform from local retailers that is fine too – just make sure you remember the two main points – navy blue and no logos!
We believe we have adopted a sensible approach to wearing uniform and expect every child to come to school with a positive learning approach and proudly wearing our uniform. All our pupils are excellent ambassadors for the school and local community.
There are, of course, some days when a different type of school clothing should be worn…but there are letters to tell us when that is!