Following on from the information posted on 31st December (see below – I’ve kept it there for you to refer to) we have replied to all who have emailed.
If you have been allocated a place, you have received an email with the necessary details. Please only bring your child to school on the days and times specified.
Please do not come to the school gate if you have not received an email stating your allocation as you will not be able to enter the school site.
If you have not been allocated a place, remote learning will be in operation as from tomorrow (Tuesday 5th January) and all emails regarding work etc. should be sent to your class email address.
Lunches will be available as from tomorrow. Please see below for details.
As soon as any other information is available to us, it will be posted on the website, including when the school will be able to re-open.
Information posted on 31st December:
Until further notice:
- We are reverting to the system we have in place for remote learning as from 5th January
- Parents do not need to email the teachers to receive the work; this will be done automatically
- Completed work needs to be emailed back to teachers to receive feedback.
- If you are allocated a key worker place a senior manager will contact you with the relevant information
- Please do not email Jose regarding the work for your child
- Class teachers may not be attending the school site.
- The kitchen will be providing packed lunches every day from 5th January
- Nursery/Reception: please come and collect lunches between 11.45 – 12.15
- Years 1&2: please come and collect lunches between 12.20 – 12.50
- Years 3-6: please come and collect lunches between 12.55 – 1.25
- If you have children in multiple year groups: please come and collect lunches between 11.00 and 11.30
- Food vouchers will not be emailed.
- A limited number of key worker places will be available from 5th January
- If you are a key worker and booked a place during the first lockdown (in March 2020) please email Jose and request a place with specific days you wish to book for, using previous evidence. If your situation has changed, you will need to attach amended evidence. Jose will confirm a place via email to you by Monday 4th January at the latest.
- If you are a key worker and have not booked a place before, you will need to email Jose and attach evidence that you are required to attend your place of work on the specific days you wish to book for (e.g. a letter from your line manager on headed paper). Jose will confirm a place via email to you by Monday 4th January at the latest.
- In the email you will be told the time to drop off and pick up and which gate to use.
- We will have a limited number of key worker places and priority will be given as follows to those who must attend their place of work:
- All carers within the household are NHS key workers
2. All carers within the household are key workers as defined by DfE
3. One carer within the household is an NHS key worker
4. One carer within the household is a key worker as defined by DfE
- Please include in your email which of the above categories you wish to book a place.
- Play Centre/Breakfast Club will not be available
- If you do not use your place it will be offered to the next child on the waiting list and you will lose your place
- Please do not send your child to school if your child or any member of the household develops COVID symptoms or has a positive test result. Access to the school site will be denied.
Please notify school if you have received a positive test result or have been contacted via the tracing system whilst we are in lockdown using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This is for everyone’s safety and includes all pupils whether or not they are attending school.
The policy for emergency response to a pandemic (which includes risk assessments) for Riverside can be found here:
We hope that these measures will be for a short while and we will all be back together very soon. Please continue to check the website regularly as things change with very little notice!